This is a great opportunity to join the Wholesale Payments technology team to help deliver the next generation of our best in class funds processing infrastructure.
The JP Morgan payment processing platform is at the very heart of large portion of payments made throughout the world on a daily basis, from salaries to Direct Debits to online purchases to real time inter-bank transfers.
Graphite is one of the primary applications within the wider Wholesale Payments organization and the strategic solution to a wide range of payment processing flows. We are in the early stages of a multi-year re-engineering program to improve efficiency, performance, scalability and automation in order to support increasing volumes, complexity and customer demands for years into the future.
As a Software Engineer, you will leverage core infrastructure products and services to meet specific application development, delivery and support needs of the business and of our clients. You will join an award winning team of talented Engineers who are passionate about solving problems through innovation & engineering best practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders to stay focused on common goals.
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment - one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our clients globally.
We are looking for proactive, engaging technologists with a positive attitude and a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- A willingness to actively participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including but not limited to: refinement of requirements, estimation & planning, platform design & implementation, test & deployment automation, and platform resiliency & support.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications for different audiences, ranging from senior business partners to junior technology colleagues.
- A practical and pragmatic ability to both deliver on technical re-engineering and business value in parallel.
- Knowledge, interest, and application of design patterns and development best practices
- Experience of working collaboratively within a global team.
Technical expertise includes:
- A strong background in Java micro service development, ideally with Spring Boot is essential.
- A disciplined approach to code management and automated build, testing and deployment best practices is essential.
- A working knowledge of both Cassandra and relational database systems is required.
- Experience of messaging technologies including Kafka and MQ is required.
- Proficiency in working with the Linux OS and scripts is required.
- An interest and natural curiosity in underlying physical infrastructure is advantageous.
- Knowledge of various financial message standards would be advantageous.
- Experience of the design and implementation of REST interfaces is desired.
- Experience of cloud technologies, including Kubernetes would be advantageous
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.