Jr. Cloud Engineer at Affinitiv
Join our award-winning A-Team!
Ready to produce exceptional results with exceptional people? Get in touch, we would love to get to know you.
Affinitiv is the largest provider of end-to-end, data-driven marketing and software solutions exclusively focused on the automotive customer lifecycle. Backed by 20+ years of automotive and marketing expertise, we pride ourselves on being the go-to experts in the industry. Not only do we work with over 6,500 dealerships and every major manufacturer in the country, we’re well-versed in OEM standards and the intricacies of a dealership or group’s local business.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, the Jr. Cloud Engineer is responsible for ensuring proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user requests and escalating incidents to other team members when appropriate to ensure SLAs are maintained. As the first point of contact for Internal IT support for team members, the Jr. Cloud Engineer is responsible for fielding and logging incoming communications (emails, voicemail, phone calls, etc.) from end users and managing our service-ticket system. The Jr. Cloud Engineer will resolve tickets in a timely manner using all available resources as well as create, update, and maintain end-user support documentation.
- Field incoming requests from end users via telephone, email, or other established Support channels.
- Resolve inbound tickets, and ensure SLAs are maintained.
- Experience with the planning, configuration, optimization, and deployment of cloud solutions (VMs, AD, Automation, Monitor, Backup/recovery etc.).
- Record work as well as create, update, and maintain end-user support documentation.
- Escalate technical issues outside your skillset to other technical team members when appropriate.
- Experience with the Cloud, Linux, Application Support, PowerShell scripting, and virtualization
- Ability to manage cloud subscriptions and resources, implement and manage storage, deploy and manage virtual machines, configure and manage virtual networks, and manage identities
- Ability to exercise judgement using procedures and practices to determine the appropriate course of action and correct troubleshooting/resolution is performed.
- Utilize knowledge base, FAQ’s, teammates, and all other available resources to aid in incident resolution to resolve end users’ issues effectively and efficiently.
- Contribute to overall team effort in achievement of established SLA’s.
- Consistently meet and exceed established benchmarks in performance established by management.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Desire and ability to provide outstanding internal customer/end user experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- 2 years of IT Support experience preferred; will consider new grads with associate’s/vocational IT degree.
- 3 years of Cloud experience
- 3 years Linux Administration preferably CentOS
- Strong documentation skills
Work from Here
At Affinitiv, we have the best of both worlds. Our team members have embraced remote work and our Work from Here program allows for remote working and the utmost flexibility while keeping in person collaborating thriving in a safe work environment. Our Work from Here approach gives team members a choice to work on campus or remote, leaders can hold in person or virtual team meetings to collaborate and cultivate relationships.
Affinitiv knows you have interests outside of work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401K effective day 1 just to name a few. We also offer generous PTO so you can enjoy off time with family and friends.
At Affinitiv, we celebrate diversity, equality, and an inclusive environment.
Affinitiv is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are extended to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business needs. Affinitiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.