Jr. Software Engineer at Oak Street Health
| Chicago | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:28 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, February 19, 2022
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Junior Software Engineer
The mission of Oak Street Health is to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
We are a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare.
The Oak Street model integrates outstanding clinical expertise, technology, and teamwork to deliver improved care quality and cost savings. These cost savings are then reinvested into care in our communities, creating a virtuous cycle of improving community health.
We are a national organization serving over 100,000 patients and we are growing rapidly . We are a diverse team of care providers, service team members, technologists, community outreach experts, business professionals, and more -- all dedicated to our Oaky Values and motivated by our mission. We're looking forward to getting to know you!
For more information, visit www.oakstreethealth.com .
Our product suite, known as Canopy, is a transformative clinical operations and population health platform for value-based primary care. Coupling a high-performance tech platform with machine learning-driven analytics, Canopy enables our clinical and service teams to provide excellent care to every single patient. From facilitating the delivery of a visit in our centers to supporting patients that have been admitted to a hospital, there is not a point in the patient journey that Canopy does not touch. At Oak Street Health, you will be influential in the development of innovative products that do more than just scaling our services. Everything you do will have an immediate impact on the health and wellbeing of our patients.
As a Junior Software Engineer, you will be instrumental to the delivery of a new kind of platform for healthcare, one built specifically for the clinical team. From design to implementation, you will partner with our engineering, product, and design teams in a fast-paced, agile environment to transform ideas into a reality. Utilizing modern methodologies and open source tools, you will be empowered to push the boundaries of development as we seek to deliver applications that will directly and immediately impact the experience of our care teams and patients.
There is no better time to join our rapidly growing team at Oak Street Health. We can't think of a mission any more motivating; and, with your help, we can drive change in healthcare for the patients that need us most.
- Contribute in all aspects of SDLC process (SCRUM, Design, Code, Test, Deploy & Maintain)
- Collaborate with cross functional teams
- Participate in code reviews
- Improve overall code quality and maintainability
- Address Technical Debt and bugs
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a motivated individual with
- Bachelors in CS or 2 years experience in Software Engineering
- 1+ years of experience using any JS framework (Angular, React or Vue)
- Strong understanding of Data structures and Algorithms
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented or Functional programming concepts
- Experience working with any design frameworks (Material or Bootstrap)
- Exposure to TDD and Devops practices
- Reactive programming concepts - RxJS, Rx.NET preferred
- Familiarity with Our Tech Stack -Vue.js, Vuetify, RxJS, Jest, Cypress.io, .NET Core, gRPC, Kafka, EventHub, Kubernetes, Azure preferred
- Familiarity with secure development best practices preferred
- Experience in building applications at scale using Microservices preferred
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being "Oaky"
What does being "Oaky" look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.