Junior DevOps Engineer at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Junior DevOps Engineer to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As a Junior DevOps Engineer, you will build software that operates the modern and scalable infrastructure at VillageMD. You’ll design and implement systems and software that deals with federally protected health information, systems which much be continuously available for our patients, clinical operators and doctors.
- Lead the design, architecture and implementation of the systems, software, networks and services required to operate VillageMD products
- Identify and exploit efficiencies in operational engineering through automation
- Implement security controls that support compliance with ISO 27001 security requirements
- Practice sustainable incident response, root cause analysis and blameless postmortems
How you can make a difference
- Maintain the reliability of multiple products which directly affect consumer access to healthcare
- Coordinate and ensure stability of our multiple testing and production environments
- Organize processes to streamline our SDLC
- Implement a best-in-class deployment pipeline with AWS resources using IAC
Skills for success
- A real passion for problem solving and learning new technology
- Vision to balance speed and maintainability in solution design
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
- Excellent ability to create and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage constituents
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- Communicate complex technical details in meaningful business context
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, math or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience designing and coding in Java, Python, C#, C++, Ruby or similar language for production commercial services that operate on public internet
- Comfortable understanding of Linux fundamentals and network protocols such as TCP, HTTP, DNS and TLS
- Experience using AWS (API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, WAF, CloudFront, EC2, ECS, EFS, RDS, VPC) or similar solutions to build infrastructure
- Experience with configuration management tools – Ansible, Cloudformation, and/or Terraform preferred
- Experience with a container management solution like Docker
- Experience running mission-critical, 24/7 systems
- Experience with incident response and root-cause analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to communicate with technical and business teams
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.