Kotlin Software Engineer at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What will you do?
- Design and architect new features and services
- Work with product to help define and refine requirements
- Write well-tested and robust code in Kotlin
What do you have?
- Experience developing modern web backends in a statically typed language
- Experience writing tests using kotlin.test, JUnit, or ScalaTest
- Familiarity with both Object-Oriented and Functional design principles
Nice to haves:
- Experience scaling distributed systems
- Experience with Property-based testing
- Experience with data models beyond simple CRUD
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.