Lab Genetic Counselor at Tempus
Passionate about making a difference in the world by making better use of genomics in a clinical setting?
Genomic sequencing has ushered in a new era of personalized and precision medicine. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a Genetic Counselor who will work with our computational and medical teams and has expertise in clinical and research reporting.
- Summarize inherited and/or somatic genetic test results and generate customized result reports
- Utilize in-house software tools to research and write reports
- Perform critical quality control functions in the reports workflow
- Perform research on genes and novel sequence variants to determine clinical relevance
- Assist in variant classification based on emerging scientific information
- BS or MS degree in Psychiatric Genomics, Cancer Genetics, Human Genetics or Biological Sciences
- Must be certified by the American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC)
- Familiarity with genomic databases and variant classification
- Working knowledge of molecular diagnostic techniques
- Prior experience in a diagnostic laboratory, clinical report writing, and familiarity with human mutation databases, genome browsers, and HGVS nomenclature
- Psychiatric, Pharmacogenetics or Oncology experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated capability as highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual, able to work independently as well as within cross-functional teams