Lab Quality Control Technologist at Tempus
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics? With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a Lab Quality Control Technologist who will be responsible for maintaining equipment and reagent compliance for a clinical next generation sequencing lab.
What You’ll Do:
- Work within a cutting-edge genomics workflow to provide quality control support in a high-volume next-generation sequencing clinical laboratory.
- Work to maintain CLIA/CAP compliance.
- Complete Performance Qualifications (PQs), Preventive Maintenance (PM), and routine maintenance for all clinically approved molecular laboratory equipment.
- Document all results and findings in order to satisfy CLIA/CAP/NYS-DOH requirements.
- Report significant equipment findings/deviations and system deficiencies to lab management, as appropriate.
- Help create and implement new equipment functionality for use by Tempus R&D and clinical lab staff.
- Update SOPs and equipment records within document control system, including creation/ revision/ review of internal SOPs and other quality documentation.
- Create and review equipment protocols and qualification summaries.
- Maintain reagent qualification records and manage quality control of reagent inventory.
- Interact with lab management and testing personnel to prioritize QC tasks.
- Help facilitate and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly.
- BS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science.
- Prefer 1 year previous experience in molecular lab or with laboratory liquid handlers.
- Moderate experience with Microsoft Excel and/ or Google Sheets.
- Previous experience in a clinical lab regulated by CAP/ CLIA/ NYS highly desirable.
- Good time management skills.