Laboratory Automation Engineer
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a laboratory automation engineer who will be responsible for designing, testing, and implementing automated workflows for a high-throughput next-generation sequencing clinical laboratory.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with department managers to enhance existing and develop new automated workflows in a complex, rapidly-evolving clinical laboratory
- Identify, test, implement, and train technologists on the most appropriate platforms and processes to meet automation needs
- Provide technical support for instrumentation and coordinate with third-party support engineers as needed
- Provide insight on new products and workflows that may improve efficiency or reduce costs
- Assist in scheduling and performing routine and non-routine maintenance of instrumentation
- B.S. or M.S. in Bioengineering, Biotechnology, or other applicable Life Science, with 5-7 years experience in building automation systems in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or clinical laboratory.
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly.