Laboratory Automation Engineer
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Laboratory Automation Engineer, who will be a part of a team responsible for the innovation, development, validation and implementation of new methodologies aimed at making our processes more robust and efficient.
What You’ll Do:
- Function in a small, autonomous team collaborating on and implementing new processes and improvements to existing processes.
- Develop and support GUI software for lab workflow automation and process integration to support dynamic and new processes.
- Develop protocols with liquid handlers and other lab automation equipment.
- Support existing systems while preparing them for integration and integrating into comprehensive SQL databases.
- Perform experimentation to test and validate new methodologies
- Investigate non-conformances through RCA and DMAIC, perform/recommend corrective and preventive actions
- Ensure successful technology transfer via process engineering input through the design process for requirements and IQ/OQ/PQ testing
- Actively seek and evaluate vendor qualifications through collaborations on project opportunities
- Communicate clearly with laboratory staff and become familiar with protocols in order to fully understand the needs of the procedures
- Identify areas that are error-prone and research innovative approaches for practical prevention
- Bachelor of Science in Automation or Software Engineering or a related discipline, Master’s is a plus
- Minimum 3 years experience in an automation engineering or application scientist role
- Experience developing user interface using one or more of the following programming languages: Python, C++, C#, or Java
- VBA knowledge required for workflow transition
- Previous experience with SQL preferred
- Certification in 6 sigma and other CI methodologies preferred
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes quickly