FLASH is looking for a Lead Android Engineer to help deliver on our mission to free consumers from the hassles of everyday travel by making it faster and easier to get where you need to go, so they can focus on the destination.
Focusing on our consumer mobile applications (ParkWhiz and BestParking) and SDKs, the Lead Android Engineer will be responsible for delivering the best possible consumer experience for our customers as well delivering the technology to power these experiences within the apps of our partners. You'll be responsible for both defining the technical direction of these products for the team as well as play a large role in the execution of this vision. We're insanely customer focused and excited for you to join the team and help us lead the charge.
Please note...we are fully open to remote candidates for this position! Being in Chicago would be great, but isn't necessary.
What we're looking for
- Computer Science background, preferably with a degree
- Solid Object-Oriented background
- Comfortable and fluent in either Java and Kotlin
- Past success leading and managing a distributed team (we have teammates abroad)
- Knowledge of Android animations, good experience with them, and a keen eye of how to use them to make the application feel alive
- Highly collaborative in the planning and grooming stages
- Have networking experience, preferably using JSON as well as a traditional Android networking library such as Volley, Retrofit or Ion
- Shipping clean, testable code that any developer on any team could quickly get up to speed
- Automated testing experience with Espresso would be a bonus
Your typical day
- Attend the morning mobile team stand with folks from product management, engineering, design, UX and QA
- Work with those same folks on product development from the current sprint
- Perform technical spiking for a future initiative
- Lead conversations with a large enterprise partner on white label solutions
- Monitor crash reports in Fabric, as well as issues reported in Jira
- Use Slack to collaborate with your teammates and other folks throughout the organization
- Perform a code review for a recently submitted pull request
- Ship code and celebrate
Who you’ll be working with
Our engineering team is 16 strong and split up into four discrete functions: iOS, Android, core, and platform. You’ll primarily be working with one other Android engineer, the mobile PM, and UI/UX designers.
We are a tight knit group that is inclusive, fun and hard working. We love shipping clean, testable code. Our top priority is producing a product that people love using. We have a firm, non-negotiable no jerk policy. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Read Full Job Description