Lead Application Developer at OCC
The Lead Front End Developer will be responsible for the development and delivery of business features in that application, integrating with a variety of upstream data-sources and presenting data through the user interface, all while enriching and advancing the platform. This software must achieve a blend of data-rich presentation, performance, user experience, and the capacity to support the busiest trading days in the world economy with rock-solid reliability. The candidate must be able to solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and proactively engage in technical decision making to achieve these objectives. The Lead Front End Developer will be a team player and work well with business, technical and non-technical professionals in agile environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contribute to front-end design, technical direction and front-end architecture including collaborating with various teams to build fit for purpose solutions
• Participates in code reviews, proactively identifying and mitigating potential issues and defects as well as assisting with continuous improvement
• Drives continuous improvement efforts by identifying and championing practical means of reducing time to market while maintaining high quality
• Must be a willing self-starter, independent and comfortable with a fast paced, dynamic environment
• A team player who assists the team as required to achieve collective goals & delivery milestones including knowledge-share
• Embraces and advocates for Agile best practices for software development discipline (be true to Agile Manifesto)
• Actively participates in creation and review of both business and technical user stories, providing constructive feedback and input on both work effort estimation as well as architecture/design improvements
• Integrating disparate data from REST and WebSocket services within a cohesive user interface.
• Participating in innovative design and proof of concepts with emerging technologies and solutions
• Embrace industry best practices like continuous integration, continuous deployment, automated testing, TDD etc.
• Follows agreed upon SDLC procedures to ensure that all information system products and services meet: both explicit and implicit quality standards, end-user functional requirements, architectural standards, performance requirements, audit requirements, security rules are upheld, and external facing reporting is properly represented.
• Writes unit and integration tests based on chosen DevOps frameworks.
• Performs application and project risk analysis and recommends quality improvements.
• Assists Production Support by providing advice on system functionality and fixes as required
• Assist with departmental and new employee training
• 10+ years of Front End, User Experience, development
• 5+ years of experience in NodeJS application development
• 3+ years of hands-on HTML5/CSS3 experience
• Experience of working with websockets, HTTP 1.1 and HTTP/2
• Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON RPC
• Ability to write clean, bug-free code that is easy to understand and easily maintainable
• Experience with BDD methodologies & automated acceptance testing
• Experience following Git workflows
• Working knowledge of DevOps tools. Eg Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Helm and CI/CD pipeline etc.
• Familiarity with monitoring related tools and frameworks like Splunk, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, AppDynamics
• ‘Get stuff done’ and flexible mindset for greater good of the organization.
• Intellectually curious and eager to learn.
Education and/or Experience: • BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field required. Masters preferred.