Lead DevOps Engineer
At ShopRunner, our mission is to help retailers thrive by sparking and deepening connections between shoppers and the brands they love.
Our 4.4M members receive exclusive benefits such as free 2-day shipping, free returns, 2-click checkout and special promotions across our network of 140+ retailers. Our retailers enjoy the power of cross-retailer network effects in the form of new customers and increased purchase frequency.
With people in offices in Chicago and Conshohocken, PA, we’re perpetrators of good vibes and great experiences for our customers, our merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Lead DevOps Engineer at ShopRunner, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining our cloud based platforms and services that enable our business. You will be responsible for leading and guiding a team of engineers towards repeatable and scalable platforms within the AWS environment. As part of that process you will help the team build delivery pipelines, container platforms, and general application and code troubleshooting. Building and maintaining a strong relationship with both technical and business partners is a must as well.
This role will be primarily based in our Chicago, IL office with limited travel to our Conshoken based office. It will also require strong collaboration with our development and business partners to ensure the team is collaborating and delivering business value.
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build strong relationships with business and engineering peers.
- Help lead and guide a team of DevOps engineers towards best practices and industry standards.
- Mentor and help develop your team towards continuous improvement
- Develop an automated build and deployment environment for ShopRunner core applications
- Develop, build, and maintain a standardized platform to run ShopRunner core applications.
- Design, build and maintain a monitoring, alerting, logging framework for ShopRunners core applications
- Maintain and build a strong infrastructure platform within the AWS environment
- Continuously seek personal learning to improve your ability to mentor your team and the organization
- Support a 24x7 production environment
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years of experience working in technology development or operations
- 3+ years of experience managing or leading engineering teams
- Strong background and experience with Linux systems engineering
- Multiple years of experience running and building systems in the AWS environment
- Deep experience with automation technologies like Chef, Ansible, Puppet or the like
- Proven history supporting and maintaining a 24x7 online business
- Strong background with programming languages like Ruby, Python, Java, and PHP
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems like TICK, Graphite, Graphana
- Experience with logging systems Splunk, ELK or the like
- Experience working in a network operations center or service operations center
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.