NextCapital is the leader in enterprise digital advice. NextCapital partners with world-class institutions to deliver personalized planning and managed accounts to individual investors, whether they’re saving for retirement in a 401(k) or IRA or investing in a taxable brokerage account. Our open-architecture digital advice solution provides better outcomes for our partners and individual investors by offering integrated account aggregation, analytics, planning and portfolio management, and customizable advice methodology and fiduciary roles.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our ability to be successful starts with our people, and we’re looking for someone who is passionate about developing and supporting our cloud-based SaaS platform. Our platform is built on AWS so our ideal candidate is an experienced DevOps engineer who is comfortable architecting and managing a growing AWS SaaS application and who keeps up on the latest features and services in order to determine their applicability to our platform. As our platform continues to grow our infrastructure and tools must grow and adapt as well. The Senior DevOps Engineer is comfortable with change and enjoys a challenge.
Learn more about NextCapital at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help us evolve our continuous integration and deployment infrastructure. Today we use Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild and CodePipeline. We are looking to evolve our methodology as our organization and product matures.
- Collaborate with our development and security teams to refine our Agile development processes, create or improve automated testing
- Write and review Infrastructure as Code, particularly with Terraform or AWS CloudFormation
- Plan and implement improvements to system reliability and maintainability
- Ensure our Disaster Recovery procedures and environments are always ready to go
- Find new and creative ways to increase visibility into the performance, monitoring and alerting of our platform
- Create and maintain system design and operation documentation
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You must be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively.
- You’re an experienced cloud systems engineer with 6+ years of experience
- You have implemented continuous integration and deployment systems
- You have experience building and supporting multi-tier production applications running at AWS or another cloud provider, using best practices to scaling applications based on performance, reliability, and cost.
- You have experience building metrics and alarms through CloudWatch, NewRelic, or other similar tools
- You have coding skills in a modern language
- You have experience working through the SDLC, promoting applications from development all the way to production
- You have experience working with tools in the developer eco-system (git, Jenkins, etc)
- You are passionate about application reliability and automating everything
- You enjoy working on a variety of different projects and try to continuously improve systems and processes
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science, related field (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math/Physics, Software Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering), or equivalent professional experience
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- Enjoy a laid back work environment & learn from FinTech’s best & brightest
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage
- Join a fast growing company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- When the COVID-19 pandemic cools down, participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, company outings, wine tastings, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- When our pandemic ‘remoteness’ ends, enjoy a newly built out office on Michigan Avenue with a view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan
- And, yes, when we’re able to safely re-convene in a physical space, sip locally roasted coffee, kombucha, or craft beer at your modular sitting/standing desk
- Participate in women in tech events and service days at local organizations
- Relax with monthly, company wide, guided meditation sessions