Lead DevOps Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and proactive DevOps Engineer who will assist in optimizing the development process to enable faster development flow by systematically reducing development cycle time and increasing built-in quality.
In collaboration with our Development, Testing, Architecture and Infrastructure groups, the successful candidate will deliver automated software delivery practices focusing on full automation between the development and production environments.
This is a rare opportunity to join a team which is growing in both size and influence in Discover, and be part of the group which defines future direction for software delivery.
- Partners with Scrum Teams to implement CI/CD pipelines.
- Works with infrastructure teams to implement fully automated environments.
- Implements standard automation patterns based on industry best practices.
- Provides day to day DevOps support to the Scrum and infrastructure teams.
- Maintains and monitors CI/CD pipelines.
Our Tech Stack:
- Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus, Chef, Ansible
- Horton Works, Spark, Storm
- RabbitMQ, Kafka
- PCF, OpenShift
- Oracle, MariaDB, Gemfire
- Cucumber, Selenium, Protractor, WireMock
- AWS, EC2, S3, EMR, ELB, ECS, Kinesis, nginx
- Tomcat, Websphere
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Software Engineering, DevOps or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Shell scripting
- One of: Java, Python, Groovy or another modern programming language
- Knowledge of SDLC
- Knowledge of Agile (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- Jenkins DSL
- Cloud Foundry
- AWS (EC2/S3/EMR/ELB/ECS/MariaDB)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!