At ShopRunner, our mission is to help retailers thrive by sparking and deepening connections between shoppers and the brands they love.
Our 4.4M members receive exclusive benefits such as free 2-day shipping, free returns, 2-click checkout and special promotions across our network of 140+ retailers. Our retailers enjoy the power of cross-retailer network effects in the form of new customers and increased purchase frequency.
With people in offices in Chicago and Conshohocken, PA, we’re perpetrators of good vibes and great experiences for our customers, our merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Lead Software Engineer at ShopRunner, you’ll be driving technology and architecture decisions across our code stack. We’ll be looking to you to help create, test and deploy solutions that integrate seamlessly, all at scale.
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Analyze and evaluate existing technologies in order to plan and lead architectural improvements
- Scale our service architecture and embrace approaches such as 12 factor, Microservices, and well formed APIs
- Research, recommend and implement new technologies
- Mentor other engineers
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 7+ years’ experience as a change agent making architectural and/or language decisions for web applications. We love Polyglots who know several languages and like the right tool for the job.
- Experience communicating and convincing key stakeholders of technological change
- Expertise on an object-oriented programming language, such as Java/Groovy, C++ or Ruby
- Expert-level Python skills
- Expert in key programming concepts like memory management, optimization techniques, API design, relational mapping frameworks, and distributed applications.
- Experience working with web frameworks such as Spring, Django/Bottle/Flask
- A solid understanding of database concepts and experience writing SQL in a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, and extensibility.
- Self-starter who can move projects forward by filling in the gaps on Agile teams, from leading a design session to doing some test automation, to mentoring a teammate struggling with a new technology.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.