Growth with a Purpose
ShoppingGives began in 2015 as an organization to do good and make an impact. We build products to address the expectation for change. We exist to create impact on every purchase, and we believe that micro-actions lead to macro impact. Every day we help retailers, no matter how large or small, give back to the causes that their customers are passionate about. Through everyday purchases, we get to watch the world around us become better one transaction at a time, and we think that’s pretty incredible. Our impact is enormous and why we are growing with a purpose. We know it’s best to Invest in Tomorrow, Today. That means we don’t skip any steps while planning or default to the solutions we are comfortable with - we research tomorrow's leading technologies and how they can benefit our products.
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to enjoy coming to work everyday? Making an Impact with every keystroke? How about smacking tennis balls with Serena Williams on a Tuesday at lunch? Okay technically that third one we can't make happen but she is an early investor in ShoppingGives and two out of three isn't bad!
We are an impact driven organization that thrives on a collaborative, open communicative and hyper transparent environment. How many more months/years are you going to spend working for organizations that think diversity is a four letter word. At ShoppingGives we don't believe in a glass ceiling since we are a startup and we haven’t gotten around to building one yet!
The bottom line at the top - we make the world a better place with the tools we design and build.
Let's define "Lead Engineer/Architect" as we see it. You love to and are great at:
- Explore and evaluate third party integrations with prototypes and feasibility; end-to-end prototypes on development and test environments, leading research and identifying areas of innovation.
- Design and build all third party integrations, end-to-end (API, Bulk, eCommerce Platforms, Retail)
- Work with Merchant experience team in building API-first approach
- Manage the delivery of technology on the Growth team and mentor team of developers within the Merchant growth team and share best practices across Organization.
- Work in collaboration with a cross-functional team leads to adhere to standard policies & procedures.
- And a good amount of the things in the “What you bring to the team” section below… so keep reading!
Now that you know what we’re looking for. Let’s speak about what you’re looking for. Do you...?
- Want to contribute and have a voice at the company that just beat Google and Adobe for “Best Emerging Technology” at the 2021 Codie Awards?
- Are you ready to build and manage an ENTIRE INFRASTRUCTURE?
- Desire to use your brilliant engineering skills to implement not just good products but products that do good?
- Thrive in environments where accountability is prioritized and would love to LEAD a team?
- Like to design and build things?
- Want to work in an environment where you talk and problem solve with other teams?
- Invest in tomorrow, today, by designing and building and solving tomorrow’s problems, yesterday?
- Believe in the value of documentation - and kinda love it?
If you answered yes to those questions - this might be the role for you.
What you bring to the team:
- Extensive experience with REST API and using .NET Core
- Designing and building third party integrations using Web hooks (Stripe, Shopify, Bigcommerce, etc.)
- Expertise in C# language
- Experience using CQRS and Event Sourcing pattern.
Let's be transparent: This job isn't for everyone.
- Our mission drives our team to do good.
- We work hard and deliver fast - we have lots of customers to keep on our platform.
- Willy Wonka doesn’t work here - so we don’t sugarcoat.
- Mistakes are forgivable, and inactivity is not.
- We're accountable to you because you'll be accountable to us.
- We understand that to grow our business. We must develop our people - so we're looking for learners, teachers, and in this instance, one talented Lead Engineer/Architect. Is that you?
Like what you see so far, apply now. Need more info, keep reading.
Design and build SG Core API’s with API-first approach and third party integrations to support our customers’ present and future success.
Create Impact on every purchase.
We do this by enabling our retail partners to fund a donation to any charity of their customer's choice. But what good is all our good work if no one knows about it? That’s where you come in.
If you think you're a fit or want to know more - apply right now!
Read this if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements:
OK, friend. Can we call you a friend yet? We hire people. People apply to work here, and people work here. People bring diverse experiences to jobs. We love that. So if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, that’s ok. Apply if you’d be thrilled to wake up and do this job. We know that people aren’t unicorns, and we expect to have to train, upskill, grow, cover, and teach into some of these responsibilities. We just don’t know which responsibilities we’ll need to give that extra support until we meet you.
Why work at ShoppingGives?
- - You can use your skills and time to make a positive Impact every day.
- - The pay for this role is $175,000-$225,000
- - This role is Chicago or US based remote only
- +++ Everyone is an owner - equity options come with this role.
- - 401k, medical, dental,
- - Volunteer Time Off (Cause we eat our own dog food)
- - We’re outcome-driven, so you’ll get goals and the ability to execute autonomously with support.
- - You'll create every day. We're around 25 people - so you'll have influence
- - We speak over ten languages, including Gujarati, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Hindi, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Cantonese, Korean, and Nepali. And English - we're pretty good at English.
But seriously, apply right now.
Compensation and Benefits
Shopping Gives offers full or partial benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance. Three weeks paid vacation, 401k, Financial Advisors, Paid Volunteering --- and if you’ve read this far - Employee Options are part of every full-timer’s compensation package. We offer an Employee Assistance Program, Transit, and Identity Theft benefits - even a discount for your Pet’s Health Insurance. Just like most startups - we game, work out, happy hour, and take in the occasional sporting event together.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago within a couple of blocks of Union Station and a short walk from every EL line.
EEOC Statement: Shopping Gives is an equal opportunity employer. Shopping Gives does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.