LEAD FRONT-END DEVELOPER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
Caterpillar is growing its team of front-end application developers and is looking for a strong lead software engineer to expand our digital product offering and capabilities enabling 2-way communications between our dealers and end-customers. The position is for a lead front-end developer working with modern cloud technologies in a fast-paced environment and providing peer leadership to junior developers located in both the US and India.
As a Lead Software Engineer you will provide technical leadership and contribute to design, development and deployment of digital solutions as well as being a key contributor in software development for critical customer and dealer facing apps and applications.
- Competent to perform all programming and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identifies and encourages areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Mentors junior developers.
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness.
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that require careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others. Based on past experiences and knowledge, the incumbent normally works independently with minimal management input and review of end results.
Typical end users include Caterpillar customers, dealers, other external companies who purchase services offered by Caterpillar as well as internal business unit and/or service center groups. The position is challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems that may not be obvious. The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions. The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. The position participates in brainstorming sessions focused on developing new approaches to meeting quality goals in the measure(s) stated.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Eight years or more of software development experience or at least five years of experience with Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Two years or more of experience in Agular and TypeScript
Top candidates will also have:
- Proven experience in many of the following:
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale
- Strong proficiency with developing responsive, single-page web applications using HTML / CSS
- Experience with both developing and consuming reusable web components
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops, Confluence, etc.
- At least three plus years of deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS or Azure.
Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum).
- Experience consuming Restful APIs
- Hands on experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible
- Hands on experience with testing tools such as Protractor and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience using mocking frameworks and unit test frameworks
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms and object-oriented design.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated leadership on medium to large-scale projects impacting strategic priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field is required.
This position has the option to be based out of either our Westminster, CO; Chicago, IL or Peoria, IL offices.
Minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $120k.
Medical, dental and vision coverage
Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, etc.)
401k savings plan
Health savings account (HSA)
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Short and long-term disability coverage
Paid parental leave
Healthy Lifestyle Programs
Employee Assistance Programs
Voluntary Benefits (Ex. Identity Theft Protection)
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .