Lead Front End Developer at Kin + Carta (Chicago, IL or Remote)
Kin + Carta is a digital transformation organization. As one of the key strategic pillars, Kin + Carta Connect is a full-service digital agency that strategizes, designs, builds, implements, tests, and optimizes world-class, global, and multi-channel experiences.
We’re looking for an individual with initiative, drive and desire to help to build a strong technology practice.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of all digital projects including content, commerce and other work that includes major front-end components
- Be a hands-on technology expert, shaping the concept and seeing it through to detailed design and implementation across a variety of devices and platforms
- Responsible for the quality of front-end deliverables across a variety of projects and willing to play a dev lead role across specialties for headless projects
- Interface with various back-end technologies, frameworks and services
- Lead and partner with other developers, architects, creative technologists, experience designers, visual designers, business consultants, experience strategists, client executives to provide connected thinking for our clients
- Lead Front-End Developers must demonstrate the ability to master new / emerging technologies, frameworks, and tools, and share this knowledge with the technical community
- Estimate with project managers and client executives staffing needs, schedules, roadmaps, and other operational details to successfully track and drive inflight projects
- Advocate for establishing and following coding best practices
- Lead front-end code reviews to ensure the team adheres to the best practices
- Takes initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions
- Create prototypes, architectural diagrams and production code, bringing to life experiences and reconcile the impacts our client’s technology, business & user needs with brand considerations
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 5+ years experience leading complex platform implementation projects from design (architecture) through implementation and delivery for consulting clients
- Significant experience building front-ends for CMS/DXP and eCommerce technologies
- Excellent understanding of UX and interaction design
- Experience interfacing with various back-end technologies, frameworks and services
- Has significant experience with cross-platform / responsive design & development and Responsive/Adaptive builds
- Experience working with an automated front-end toolchains built using modern technologies (i.e. Grunt, Gulp) and defining best practices
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Work and communicate effectively with programmers and other IT staff and non-IT functional areas
- Lead and coach staff toward thought leadership and project excellence
- Engage in skills assessments and promote professional development of staff
- Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Being proactive and willingness to learn, develop and adapt
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.