Do you get excited about new technology? Do you think investing is fun? Do you like helping people and making sense out of chaos? At Morningstar, helping investors is what brings us together and drives our work. We are seeking a Lead Front End Engineer to join our team, grow with us, introduce us to new ideas, and develop products that empower our users. You'll interact daily with our project managers to understand and implement requirements, creating appropriate technical solutions. You'll also work regularly with our client operations team to understand our clients' needs so you can help address them.
- Building next generation Morningstar reports for various Morningstar products and Enterprise clients.
- Developing new systems and maintenance and improvement of existing applications.
- Collaborate with designers and act as the bridge between design and engineering to ensure the brand, design vision, and UX best practices are properly translated into the browser
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms.
- Write unit tests to ensure components keep an elevated level of quality and consistency as they are improved and iterated on.
- Actively participate in the code review process, receiving and providing constructive feedback on ways to improve code execution.
- Test across browsers and devices to ensure a consistent user experience.
- Create lightweight and fast-loading experiences through optimization of front-end code. Collaborate with integration teams, teams in various geographic locations, and build relationships with various stakeholders
- Promote and implement accessibility best practices.
- Follow agile engineering practices such as test-driven development, CI, and CD. Promote usability best practices
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- A degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related, or foreign equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with translating design mockups to markup
- Experience working with build process management tools like Grunt, or Gulp, or Webpack.
- Experience working with server-side engineers to ensure code is compatible with views, services, APIs, and other architectural
- Strong troubleshooting skills, experience with Accessibility, the Agile methodology, and tools like JIRA.
- Desire to learn new technologies and take on an increasing level of responsibility within the technology team.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity