Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
The Lead Full Stack Developer is part of the fast-growing ML/AI Delivery Team, within the Digital Experience Practice. The team’s core objective is to drive business growth and deepen client relationships by transforming how Epsilon’s customers use and maximize their investments around machine learning and AI. Client integration will come in many forms including; customer websites, call centers, email systems, mobile application, print channels, and many other customer touch points. We do this through our partnership by delivering world class development, integration, and marketing expertise. We are passionate, client-centric, business leaders who seek to deliver meaningful revenue-generating and cost-saving results.
Brief Description of Role:
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer for ML who will play the role as a Lead and hands-on developer to support the development of a machine learning software platform running on AWS for our client.
- Develop, document, test software and setup environment to ensure that the outcome meets the needs of end-users and achieves business goals from both the backend and frontend.
- Work with the data science team to deploy, validate, monitor and improve the model performance as required
- Recommend adjustments to resolve software issues, improve the functionality of existing software, and ensure that the design, application, and maintenance of software meets the quality standards
- Design standardized approaches that reduce time to development and go-to-market
- Prioritize, plan and deliver projects to create business impact while setting a high bar for scientific rigor
- Provide technical guidance to other development teams and oversee the technical aspects of the solution
- Always take all software best practices into consideration. E.g. infrastructure cost, security, scalability, feature extensibility, ease of maintenance, etc.
- Up to date on new technologies and software development practices
- Drive engagement with different stakeholders and grow the team to take on more projects
- Regularly attend team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any issues.
The following skills are required:
- Computer Science or related field with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Tech Stack: EMR, EC2, Lambda, S3, Cloudwatch, CLI, SNS, SQS, Sagemaker, Elasticsearch, ElastiCache, Glue, DynamoDB, Athena, Redshift, Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, Jenkins
- Willingness to use any programming language but the ones mostly used are: Python, Shell, Java
- Strong object oriented software development background
- Extensive experience building APIs or services such as RESTful services
- Attention to detail in design, documentation and test coverage of what you build
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, team player.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills
- Ability to work on multiple assignments concurrently
- In addition, the candidate should have strong business acumen, and interpersonal and communication skills, yet also be able to work independently.
The following skills are nice to have:
- React / Angular / Vue / CSS
- Serverless frameworks
- Docker / Kubernetes
- CI / CD expertise
- ML / Big Data
- Security patterns and designs
- SQL / NoSQL
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.