Lead iOS Engineer at OneMain Financial
Our Digital team at OneMain has the nimble, collaborative, and progressive approach of a startup while being financially backed by one of the nation’s largest lenders. We offer an opportunity to work in a cooperative and inclusive environment with people who value hard work and fresh ideas.
If a team member here has an idea for how we can improve our tech stack or methodologies, we want to hear it. This role is remote-friendly! Come work in our office in Downtown Chicago or from wherever suits you best.
We are looking for a Lead or Senior level iOS Engineer to join our Digital team in Chicago. You'll work with our design and engineering teams to plan, design, and develop our iOS apps. The ideal candidate understands how to balance a desire for perfectionism with the need for pragmatism. You will integrate with and leverage our existing systems as you help build longer lasting and more scalable solutions from scratch.
You'll join an agile development team to develop mobile applications at the leading edge of digital lending. You will innovate, adapt, and build lasting and scalable solutions from scratch.
What we will want you to do:
● Design and develop new features for our iOS app
● Work closely with Ruby on Rails engineers to design APIs for mobile app consumption
● Write automated tests and test infrastructure to support it
● Troubleshoot production issues and research solutions to customer feedback
● Keep up-to-date with Human Interface Guidelines for iOS
● Collaborate with Android development team efficiently and effectively
● Mentor other mobile team members
Skills or Experience we want you to have:
● At least 3 years of experience developing native iOS applications in Swift
● Building and consuming RESTful APIs
● Familiarity with Apple User Interface guidelines and strategies for implementation
Bonus points if you have:
● Experience working in Financial Services industry
● Experience working in a startup environment
● Worked with a TDD workflow