Lead Java and Angular Developer
“The limit of our growth is going to our imagination and product ideas – not technology” – Mohit Kapoor, CIO
What we’ll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- TransUnion offers many career advancement opportunities in addition to technical growth. We expect this position to be the first step toward a management position.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years’ relevant experience with Java & Front End Web Development
- Java focusing on Tomcat, JBOSS and Spring MVC
- Working knowledge of Modern Web Application design including CSS 3, HTML 5 - Responsive/ Adaptive Design preferred
- Knowledge of current development architecture and patterns such as flux / redux / ngrx, observables.
- Experience working in a process and deadline driven environment
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects
What we’d like to see:
- Knowledge of JQuery, NodeJS, Angular – Angular 2 and Typescript preferred soft skills
- Basic Data Modeling and Database Experience
- Working with the Creative Suite - taking Photoshop to HTML
- Experience working with Offshore development teams
Impact you’ll make:
- In the first 90 days you will:
- Tackle small updates to an existing application.
- Assess several small applications existing state, create a development / migration plan to Angular from Java.
- After 90 days you will:
- Lead an application development delivery team as they take these small projects into the Single Page Application space.
- Create stand-out examples of our finest work, showcasing dynamic UIs and innovative workflows.
- Solidify our development process so it can be migrated to our entire development organization.
- Work with the architecture team to continually improve the front-end development processes and quality.
- Maintain and review code written by other members of the team and outside consultants.
- Manage and coach junior team members.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.