Lead Java Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- Work with a team that develops smart and scalable solutions and provide a solid experience for our users.
- Converse fluently in the full web-technology stack.
- Develop an understanding of our products and the problems we are attempting to solve.
- Go beyond working from requirements… help architect the system and experience and ship production ready code early and often in a Scrum shop.
- Help us grow our platform with clever, long-lasting solutions that serve to grow our business.
- Bring us what no one else has – a fresh perspective that sets you apart from the pack.
- Provide hands-on technology leadership for independent feature teams.
- Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply to Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps.
- Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
- Document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/Enhance software application modules.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation
- Analyze, facilitate, model and organize information in order to elicit requirements, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish solution ideas from business needs
- Work with test team to ensure the testing results correspond to the business expectations.
- Decompose high-level information into details and abstract up from low-level information to resolve solution vs. requirements conflicts
- Assist in project planning and tracking activities
- Assist in production support triaging activities
- 5+ year experience in participation of full development lifecycle from inception through implementation
- 5+ year experience with Java
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional requirements documentation
- Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment
- Test-infected attitude (strong desire to perform thorough and exhaustive unit, integration and system testing)
- Experience with Open Source Java frameworks, such as: Spring, SpringBoot, Apache NiFi, Apache Kafka
- Experience with API Management platform such as Apigee, IBM Datapower
- Experience with JSON based cryptography e.g. JWS, JWE
- Experience with Agile development process and practices
- Familiar with Test Driven Development (TDD) preferably using Cucumber, Karate
- Working experience with GIT/SVN, Continuous Integration(CI) tools like Jenkins using Maven Builder
- Hands on experience in performance monitoring tools, preferably with dynatrace, Yourkit, or XRebel
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS, SQL or NoSql
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans