LEAD PRIVATE CLOUD ENGINEER at Trading Technologies
Trading Technologies creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
We are looking for a driven and inventive technical lead for our Systems Engineering team. The Systems Engineering team designs, implements and supports global hybrid compute and storage infrastructure services for our development and production environments. As a team leader, you will be responsible for: managing the day-to-day operations of infrastructure that supports our high-performance trading platform; providing hands-on support, mentoring and technical direction for the team; and automating the delivery of existing and new infrastructure services. An ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for all things technology – someone who brings strong technical knowledge across the infrastructure stack including server hardware, storage, operating system, networking, virtualization, operating systems and application.
- Implement and configure high-performance server hardware
- Design, implement and support multivendor cloud-based infrastructure and platform services
- Oversee the Systems Engineering team and act as a hands-on technical advisor and resource to team members
- Support large-scale Windows and Linux environments
- Write automation to quickly deploy infrastructure services
- Apply technical and strategic tactics to drive the direction of system infrastructure as a service model for both internal and external consumption
- Work closely with software development teams to ensure seamless transition of software from development to production
- Troubleshoot or respond to infrastructure-related production issues
- Collaborate with and work closely alongside Network and Site Reliability Engineering teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and at least 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Familiarity with high-performance computer hardware, e.g., Processors, Memory, Storage, Network Adapters, etc.
- Expert Linux (RHEL/CentOS) and Windows administration skills
- Strong with networking concepts and routing protocols, e.g., BGP, OSPF, DHCP, Multicast, TCP and UDP
- Experience supporting virtualized environments, e.g., Nutanix, VMware vSphere, KVM
- Experience with AWS services and infrastructure
- Experience with troubleshooting performance including storage I/O, network, memory and CPU utilization
- Extensive experience with scripting languages, e.g., PowerShell, Python, BASH, Ruby, etc.
- Ability to work on-call or weekends as necessary