Lead QA Automation Engineer at Morningstar
Managed Portfolio in Morningstar is seeking an experienced Lead QA Automation Engineer that can help ensure our products meet the high standards of our financial investment business. The ideal candidate will bring previous QA experience and a collaborative attitude to create processes that ensure quality and efficiency in our software development process. The Lead QA Automation Engineer must be able to excel in an ambiguous environment and lead change within the organization
- Build and maintain QA automation tests for our products across Agile squads.
- Mentor and influence peer QA engineers on automation architectures, methodologies, coding standards and best practices through code reviews and architecture designs.
- Partner with Morningstar QA architecture team to evangelize the best practice from the QA community.
- Ensure correct executions for automated test cases in the CI/CD pipeline
- Produce reports on KPIs of testing results, loggings and coverages.
- Collaborate with Agile teams to determine testing plans that cover all testing paths for all business functionalities.
- Provide sign-off for release activities.
- Work seamlessly with off-shore QA team to finish QA requirements collaboratively
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum 10 years of experience in general QA software testing and minimum 5 years of QA automation testing.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of software quality assurance principles and practice.
- Experience in implementing entire software Test Life Cycle (STLC) including identifying & designing Test Scenarios, Test Cases and execution of Test cases in an Agile Environment.
- Experience in TDD, continuous integration and delivery, and code review practice.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and Code Pipeline
- Knowledge with Agile/SCRUM/Kanban
- Experience in leading/mentoring offshore teams is a big plus.
- Experience in the financial services industry is desirable
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity