Something Digital has recently joined forces with Rightpoint, a global experience leader and a Genpact company. Now called Rightpoint Commerce.
Genpact, a global professional services firm focused on delivering digital transformation, today announced the expansion of its experience business, Rightpoint, with the acquisition of Something Digital. The addition of Something Digital’s deep commerce expertise to Rightpoint’s customer experience leadership, will further enable the company’s ability to drive experience-led transformation at scale for clients across industries.
Something Digital is an interactive agency with offices around the US. We have spent close to 20 years developing customer software, eCommerce sites, intranets, and websites for diverse clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies.
Rightpoint Commerce is looking for a React Development Team Lead who is solution-oriented, has excellent communication skills, understands project lifecycles, has excellent debugging skills across a wide variety of technologies and systems, and will work closely with a Project Manager to manage a team of developers to plan and release enterprise commerce software to various geographic regions deploy.
We’ll need you to:
- Coordinate and deploy custom B2B e-commerce platform to new zones / regions
- Manage a team of 2-4 developers, plan and assign tasks, maintain training plans, conduct regular one-on-ones, facilitate agile rituals including: standup, sprint planning, capacity planning, etc.
- Analyze the technical challenges faced by developers, guide and mentor them through challenges, translate for the Project Manager how certain challenges will impact the timeline, intuit how the challenges may affect other teams internally and at the client level, and participate in issue resolution to keep team members unblocked on their daily tasks
- Debug and trace technical issues across technologies without necessarily being familiar with them
- Utilize strong soft skills and consulting skills when interfacing directly with clients, stakeholders, engineering managers, and developers across a diverse group of teams from several different countries
- Provide technical recommendations for clients and technical team members employed by the client
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of project lifecycles, create project plans, and translate status information from the client into an impact on project timeline
- Participate in process creation, process adjustment, and technical documentation
- Train team members, project managers, and also the clients
- Significant years of development using a server-side language, e.g. React, PHP, C#, Java, Node.js
- Multiple years working in Unix/Linux environments
- Considerable years of experience in web-development using PHP or React
- 2+ years of experience in a client-facing role
- 2+ years of experience leading a development team
- Familiarity with common debugging and application profile tools, e.g. XDebug
- Experience using application monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) to monitor applications and debug issues
- Experience with project management software, e.g. Jira, Access, Smartsheet
- Any e-commerce platform / solutions, Magento ideal
- Frameworks: React, Next.js
- Project Management: Jira, Smartsheet
- Application Monitoring: New Relic, Azure
- Tools/DevOps: Postman or Insomnia, CI/CD tooling, Azure, ArgoCD, Kubernetes, PhpStorm, Docker
- Analytics: Segment, Amplitude
Apply if you:
- Are passionate about e-commerce, web experiences, and software development
- Have a love for process and exceptional attention to detail
- Enjoy a challenge and are eager to grow
- Enjoy fostering and developing strong relationships between the members of your team and client base to efficiently and effectively deliver upon project requirements
- Are excited to work on high traffic, high profile websites with complex requirements
- Are looking for a company that values training, skills development, and individual growth