Lead ServiceNow System Software Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Come join our team of highly skilled and engaged ServiceNow Engineers as we transform the way Discover works. In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to flex your ServiceNow skills and business acumen across a number of business and technical domains within the NOW Platform. This role will support one of our ServiceNow capability driven product teams, with focused backlogs for Platform Management; Configuration & Asset Management; Cyber Operations; ITSM & Reporting; Integrated Risk Management; Automation and Orchestration; and Human Resources & Employee Experience.
What You’ll Do
- Utilizing Discover’s Agile Way of Working, develop and configure solutions within ServiceNow in partnership with your Product Owner
- Participate in backlog refinement sessions to ensure we solve the right problems the right way
- Partners with the Product Owner to define a strategic product roadmap for their technology/business domain
- Propose opportunities to solve business problems and for process efficiencies using your knowledge of the ServiceNow Platform
- Actively participate in ServiceNow Engineering Chapter activities and increase the maturity of our Engineering practices
- Actively engage in our Continuous Professional Education and Discover Technology Academy programs to drive skill and career development
- Participate in rotating support schedule for Incident Management and general Consumer Service requests
- Develops and maintains full stack solutions to fit business needs. Full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and devops development.
- Works directly with business partners to understand business requirements.
- Works independently or with own team to innovate on and advocate for best practices within the team.
- Designs complex solutions and leads them from inception to production within the agile team.
How You’ll Do It
- Develops and maintains complex front-ends with a focus on user experience
- Develops and maintains backend systems
- Works with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production
- Creates and maintains devops processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models)
- Innovates on and advocates for best practices and improved team processes; mentors junior team members
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelors’ Degree in Information Technology
- 6+ years’ experience with Computer Science, Information Technology or related
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years’ experience with Computer Science, Information Technology or related
Bonus Points If You Have
- Full Stack Academy, General Assembly or comparable programs may adequately supplement a non-CS Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
- Experience implementing two or more of the following ServiceNow capabilities: ITSM; Performance Analytics; Security Operations; Vulnerability Management; Configuration Management; Software Asset Management; Service Mapping; Discovery; HR Service Delivery; Employee Service Center; Virtual Agent; Orchestration; Integration Hub; Integrated Risk Management/Governance, Risk, & Control; UI Builder/App Engine.
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator; Certified Application Developer; Certified Implementer; or other ServiceNow Certifications
- Knowledge of React, Redux, and Java application frameworks
- Experience building secure web applications with user authentication
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.