Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) is the largest equity derivatives organization in the world. We provide central counterparty clearing and settlement services for equity options, futures, options on futures, and securities lending transactions. We serve approximately 115 clearing members and 15 exchanges including CBOE, Nasdaq, and NYSE.
The OCC is building a culture that empowers continued learning, authentic innovation, and constant creativity.
What We Need
We need experienced engineers that can live in Sweden for a 6-month, extensive, training program. While in Sweden, you will work side by side with a world class software development team on OCC's next generation, event driven, clearing system. After the 6-month period, you will return to the USA and continue work as a member of OCC's development staff, spreading the knowledge and culture learned in Sweden.
We are looking for an individual to join our team as a Software Engineer in Test with the following skills and abilities:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience.
- Java-based software development experience.
- Fluent in object-oriented design, industry best practices, software patterns, and architecture principles.
- Experience with continuous integration tools and techniques, automating processes, and writing scripts using Python and other languages.
- Proficient in the following types of testing: unit, integration, system, functional, non-functional, regression, performance, security, and acceptance.
- Experience in two or more of the following test frameworks: JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber, Selenium.
- Experience working with four or more of the following: web/mobile application development, Unix/Linux environments, event-driven systems, transaction processing systems, distributed and parallel systems, large software system development, security software development, public-cloud platforms.
- Work experience in the capital markets industry.
- Deep understanding of performance issues and multi-threaded development.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be working alongside experts that are building OCC’s next generation clearing and settlement system, and paving the future of digital transformation in the capital markets industry by:
- Collaborating with others to deliver complex projects which may involve multiple systems.
- Continuously thinking about the next steps while improving yourself and others around you.
- Developing solutions to complex technical challenges while coding, testing, troubleshooting, debugging, and documenting the systems you develop.
- Recommending technologies and tools that improve the efficiency and quality of OCC’s systems and development processes.
- Producing test strategies, plans, and cases that cover all aspects of system quality and challenge your team to strive for perfection.
Phone screen interview, 2 coding challenges, then on-site
Who is the Internal/External Customer:
Stakeholders and the users of the U.S. equity options and futures markets.
Impact to the Internal/External Customer:
To better serve its customers, planning to comprehensively redevelop and modernize the company's risk management, clearing and data systems.
Modernize OCC's technology to better serve market participants. current system is approx. 18 years old.
Employee Value Proposition:
OCC was named the best clearing firm in 2018 by Markets Media and is the largest clearing house in the world. This is the opportunity to get in at the ground floor of OCC’s #1 initiative, Renaissance. Please see “OCC fact sheet” for more information.
Attitude and Aptitude. We want the kind of people who add immediate value in a team environment, and have the ability to solve complex problems with little or no direction.
Why is position open?:
Building new clearing platform
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.