Lead Software Engineer, Andriod
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
Our Digital team at OneMain Financial has the nimble, collaborative, and progressive approach of a startup while being financially backed by one of the nation’s largest lenders. We offer an opportunity to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment with people who value their work and who welcome fresh ideas. If a team member has an idea about improving our tech stack, our methodologies, or anything else, we want to hear it!
We are looking for a Lead Android Engineer to join our Digital team in our downtown Chicago office. You'll work with our design and engineering teams to plan, design, and develop our Android app.
The ideal candidate understands how to balance a desire for perfectionism with the need for pragmatism. You will integrate with and leverage our existing systems as you help build longer lasting and more scalable solutions from scratch.
You'll work as part of an agile development team to design and implement mobile applications at the leading edge of digital lending. You will innovate, adapt, and build lasting and scalable solutions from scratch.
What we will want you to do:
- Design and develop new features for our Android app.
- Work closely with Ruby on Rails engineers to design APIs for mobile app consumption.
- Write automated tests and test infrastructure to support it.
- Troubleshoot production issues and research solutions to customer feedback.
- Keep up-to-date with Android design patterns.
- Collaborate with our iOS development team efficiently and effectively.
- Mentor other mobile team members.
Skills or Experience we want you to have:
- At least 3 years of experience developing native Android applications (Kotlin preferred)
- Building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience applying material design guidelines and mobile interaction best practices to new feature designs
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in Financial Services industry
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Worked with a TDD workflow
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.