LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
As a Lead Software Engineer you will lead the design, development, testing and deployment of software systems and/or applications for the Cat Equipment Care Advisor (ECA) Application. Cat ECA enables a proactive maintenance strategy by providing a comprehensive view of ongoing equipment health in an easy-to-use application. Cat ECA utilizes Java, C# .Net, Python, OSI PI, and Salesforce technologies to provide the Cat Dealer Condition Monitoring Advisor the ability to review and generate recommendations for action.
JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities of the incumbents are across functional lines with individuals assigned in new program development and/or maintenance. Be responsible for overseeing and mentoring junior developers and handle code reviews.
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Acts as technical team leader for development groups; provides programming and application/technical leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Mentor and assist software engineers, providing technical assistance and direction as needed
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Guide the team to develop a structured application/interface code, new program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in a casual, flexible environment
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Lead development of new functionality and applications on cross-functional Agile project teams
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 10 years or more of software development experience or at least 7 years of experience with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Demonstrated experience leading software engineering projects.
- 7 years or more of experience in designing and developing software applications in Java or C# .Net or at least three years of experience in Java or C# .Net with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 7 years or more of developing customer facing applications using front-end frameworks, libraries (React / Angular / Polymer / Vue) and design patterns.
Top candidates will also have:
- Proven experience in many of the following,
- Designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining software at scale.
- Developing software applications using relational and Nosql databases.
- Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven, etc.
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Azure Devops
- Deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS or Azure.
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum)
- Strong understanding and/or experience in many of the following,
- Batch or stream processing systems such as Apache Spark, Flink, Akka, Storm
- Experience designing well-defined Restful APIs
- Experience writing API proxies on platforms such as Apigee Edge, AWS API Gateway or Azure API Gateway
- Hands one experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible
- Test driven development and behavior driven development.
- Hands on experience with testing tools such as Selenium and Cucumber and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Datastores such as, MySQL, Microsoft SQL, and Oracle
- Debugging and maintaining software in Windows platforms.
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated leadership on small to medium-scale projects impacting strategic priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field is required
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.