Lead Software Engineer - Commercial Bank - Loan Trading at JPMorgan Chase
The Loan Trading team is in the process of rebuilding the existing platform making it resilient to volatile market conditions and ensuring real time processing for timely settlement of loan trades for increasing volumes. The platform sits in between JPMC’s loan booking platform (Loan IQ) and vendor settlement platforms (IHSMarkit & Virtus Partners) with targeted capacity of 1 million messages/day. The platform is being rebuilt using event based, microservices on cloud with Java, Kafka, Kubernetes, Oracle.
This role is for a technical leader, requiring a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Deep experience in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices in software development.
- Strong Communication Skills demonstrating the ability to present and explain ideas and concepts.
- Develop solutions, road maps working with product, technology and engineering leadership and provide estimations for visions and feature deliverables.
- Create and recommend solution design options factoring in customer requirements, standards and current/new infrastructure environments.
- Work in large, collaborative team to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture.
- Strong experience with resilience and performance testing environment set-up & management.
- Strong combination of practical development, functional, engineering, and security skills.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- The candidate will work with global teams establishing direction, motivating members, creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views
- Evolve product vision and technology roadmaps by working closely with business, transformation leaders & technology leaders
- Ability to work independently and create goals and visions for delivery in ambiguous or new situations
- Technical responsibility for application architecture and design. Evolve product architecture and how the platform interacts with loans eco-systems
- Provide strong technical leadership for engineering and product teams.
- Active participation in an Agile development process, including working closely with the business and product teams.
- Project management experience including managing small teams, influencing decision-making outside of immediate team, and accomplishing key objectives and results, project update communication to the stake holders
- Manage a team of Software Engineers equipped to deliver end-to-end features
- Managing cross-team and vendor dependencies throughout the software lifecycle
- Participate in Architecture & Engineering forums, perform design reviews
- Participate in dev modernization and adoption of emerging/modern technologies across the application suite
- Continuous improvement of our DevOps, tooling and processes to enable us to deliver more value
- Align with the security standards and guidelines to ensure systems are secure and protected against threats
- Driving normalization/standardization of technology disciplines, collaborating with firm wide CI/CD engineering service owners and Practice Enablement.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with domain driven, micro services & event based architecture
- Experience with Integration patterns and messaging technologies like JMS, Mule, Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Experience with Oracle or other databases, strong SQL experience
- Experience with Cloud Platforms, Container/Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- SCM / DevOps / CI/CD tools & process (GIT/Bitbucket, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Sonar), Testing tools & frameworks (Jasmin/Karma, JUnit, Selenium, Cucumber, Mockito), Agile Methodology and Tools (JIRA)
- Experience in engineering solutions for metrics gathering/publishing and event collection/correlation across distributed architectures, automation, monitoring, intelligent alerting, random fault injection (Chaos Engineering), and self-healing is a strong plus
- Experience with Caching solutions such as Hazlecast, Gemfire, EHCache is a plus
- Experience with architecting, building and maintaining workflow oriented application solutions and products is a plus.
- Experience with high volume, high availability applications is a plus
- Experience with Elastic products is a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients’ success.