Lead Software Engineer - DevOps Platform at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
As a Lead DevOps engineer on our core DevOps team, you utilize technical expertise and experience in driving the design and automation of processes to support the continuous delivery of application and services across a large financial institution.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical direction in designing and implementation of CI/CD processes in the form of pipeline for the delivery of software across the enterprise.
- Automate the deployment, scaling, and management of supporting CI/CD infrastructure.
- Define best practices for CI/CD across the full SDLC.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, upgrade interfaces, and improve performance.
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan installations of new systems and modifications to existing systems.
- Consults with the business on project status, proposals, technical issues, software design, and maintenance.
- Leads software programming and the development of technical documentation.
- Develops and directs software system testing and validation procedures.
How You’ll Do It
- Requires the ability to lead work groups formed by several disparate teams
- Support disparate customer in the CI/CD life-cycle
- Work closely with multiple teams in an agile environment and provide mentorship to other team members when needed
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Software, Math, or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Software Engineering
Bonus Points If You Have
- 5+ years of IT experience as a combination of development, release or build engineering and containerization experience in large enterprises.
- 3+ years DevOps Engineering experience
- Experience must go beyond use of the release processes but the actual design, development and implementation and definition of best practices for CI/CD processes.
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies (Unit, System, SIT, UAT).
- Experience integrating these stages into a CD pipeline
- 2+ Years Continuous Integration experience with industry standard tooling
- CI experience with the following is a must: Jenkins (Pipeline), GitHub, (Nexus or Artifactory). Harness experience is a plus.
- Experience utilizing rest APIs to integrate different software systems such as CI, testing and deployments systems across the SDLC
- 2+ years’ experience with use and configuration of OS (RHEL Linux), windows & AIX are a plus.
- Troubleshooting/Monitoring experience with network connectivity, memory and CPU
- Very strong understanding of modern IT infrastructure components and their integrations
- Linux, Windows, SAN, NAS, F5, DNS, Firewall, databases (Oracle, GemFire, DB2, MongoDB, NoSQL, SQL Server, Cloud based platforms (PCF, AWS)
- 2+ years containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and infrastructure automation experience (Chef, Ansible or Terraform)
- Experience should include dynamically provisioned CI/CD components.
- 2+ years of experience in
- Build and packaging tools (Gradle, Maven, NPM)
- Any one Scripting languages (Groovy, BASH, Python)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.