Lead Software Engineer Full Stack - Web/Mobile Authentication at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Currently seeking thoughtful, well-rounded full stack software engineering professional to be part of the Business Technology - Customer Engagement Platform department. In this role, the individual will work in a highly technical agile team which handles common authentication services for Discover websites and mobile apps utilizing the latest Discover platforms for continuous delivery and cloud development. The individual will be required to foster collaboration and provide thought leadership while contributing to the development of modern authentication services.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver on all product development phases from planning, application development, release, and support.
- Drive product quality through paired programming and test driven development.
- Ensure applications meet security, high availability, and maintainability requirements.
- Develop application code using Java and Spring Framework.
- Develop API endpoints to support internal and external requests.
- Develop / maintain a CICD pipeline to build, test, and deploy application artifacts.
- Learn new technologies and promote the adoption of new frameworks to gain competitive edge in delivering value to customers.
- Take necessary steps (prioritization, mentoring, and assistance) to enable the team to be a high value, cross-functional, autonomous unit.
- Develop and maintain full stack solutions to fit business needs ― full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and DevOps development.
- Work directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Work independently or with own team to innovate and advocate for best practices within the team.
- Design complex solutions and lead them from inception to production within the Agile team.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop and maintain complex front-ends focused on user experience.
- Develop and maintain back-end systems.
- Work with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production.
- Create and maintain DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilize cloud services (including database systems and models).
- Innovate on and advocate for best practices and improved team processes.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 6+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Full Stack Academy, General Assembly or comparable programs may adequately supplement a non-CS Bachelor’s degree
- Comfortable with framework and API design
- Exposure to architectural patterns at scale; including thoughtfully-designed APIs, repeatable delivery pipelines, and efficient CS principles
- Experience in utilization of open source projects
- Proficient across the technical stack, able to deliver quality code at all tiers
- Exposure to Extreme Programming
- High Level understanding of emerging trends in software engineering
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Team motivator and team player
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.