Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
Vouch is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Insurance Platform team. The Insurance Platform team builds APIs that underwrite and issue insurance policies. The team also configures and launches all of Vouch’s insurance policies. You will have the opportunity to lead large projects, influence architectural choices across other projects, and mentor junior engineers.
- Provide technical leadership….
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, distributed systems, and services
- Help contribute to and scale our services-oriented architecture efforts
- Work on the core infrastructure for our Insurance platform, including launching and managing insurance programs
- Work closely with internal Vouch users to help them develop user-facing interfaces
- Set technical technical direction for the team and support the team in delivering ambitious goals
You may be a good fit for the role if you:
- Have 5+ years of development experience and 1+ years leading large scale projects
- Have experience building distributed systems and APIs as a product or platform
- Are proficient using Node, Typescript, or Ruby
- Have experience in Postgres or another transactional, relational database system, as well as ability to design schemas.
- You can effectively talk (and listen) to engineers, as well as build meaningful relationships with designers, product managers, executives, and other stakeholders.
- Have experience with software engineering best practices such as TDD, SOLID, code reviews, A/B testing, etc.
- Have experience with event based systems, message queues, immutable database design
Tools & Technologies
- GraphQL, TypeScript, NodeJS, Ruby on rails, PostgreSQL
- CircleCI, Docker, LogRocket, Rollbar, Datadog, LaunchDarkly
- Cypress, Jest, RSpec
- AWS (Lambdas, SQS, ECS, etc) and Netlify
- GitHub, Asana, Lucidchart, Miro, Sketch, Figma
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- A background in insurance or other regulated categories
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.