About the company
Equilibria (“EQ”) is a high-growth, omni-channel premium CBD platform for women. We are dedicated to restoring balance to our community — physically and mentally — through our high-quality CBD products, personalized dosage support, and digital journey accompaniment. We are the ONLY CBD company with a dedicated team for 1-on-1 consults and education, and we are deeply mission-oriented. Thousands of women… and their sisters, mothers, grandmothers, and daughters … trust us to provide consistent, medical-grade products, month after month.
Corporate Headquarters: River North, Chicago; Bioscience + Farm Operations: Longmont, CO. This is a remote job if the candidate lives outside of Chicago; if they are local, post-pandemic (whenever that is! some day!) we anticipate being back in the office a few days a week.
[Click here to read more about our origin story]
To continue leading in the CBD and cannabis education space, Equilibria requires a Lead Software Engineer to bring our next level of e-commerce & internal software vision to life. We are dedicated to building an amazing digital experience for our multi-generational customer base as well as efficient and useful tools for our internal team including Dosage Specialists, Member Support, and Influencer Marketing.
The right candidate is a thoughtful + technical lead, an empathetic manager and collaborator, and is passionate about our mission of improving the quality of life for our fiercely loyal customers. You are a driven self-starter who cares deeply about people. This is a fast-paced start-up environment in an industry (cannabis) zeitgeist, so thinking on your feet while being a team player is an absolute must.
Day to day responsibilities will include keeping our custom Rails applications running performantly, managing and building out new features, managing the team who maintains our WordPress/Woocommerce site, and collaborating across the business to architect new solutions for various departments to increase efficiency or data/reporting/insight transparency. Utilizing our data more effectively and supporting our unique service department is a critical part of the company’s 2021 goals.
Compensation and title will be commensurate with experience. Equilibria will contribute toward medical insurance, for which we offer multiple options of coverage and premium. We also give every employee a monthly CBD allowance, along with a 401k and other perks.
- Manage engineering team of in-house developers and contractors
- Work closely with Product/Engineering leadership, our Sr Product Manager, and business stakeholders to define and plan new features as well as the technical roadmap
- Maintain (by supporting our WP/Woo-focused developers) WordPress/WooCommerce site and custom Rails applications
- Architect and build additional features or applications to serve business needs. These may include an internal and customer facing application for our dosage service and product use, reports for business development or finance, or forays into data science or React native development.
- 5+ years experience as a professional software engineer
- 1+ years managing people and/or as a tech lead
- Experience with
- -Rails (PHP is a plus, due to WP/Woocommerce, but not required)
- -At least one frontend framework, such as React, Vue.js, Angular etc
- -REST APIs
- -Writing SQL
- -Deploying to the cloud, e.g. Heroku, Netlify, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- -Version control, e.g. Git, svn, and hosted version control services, e.g. Github, Gitlab, Beanstalk
- -Automated testing, including unit and integration/browser testing
- -ReactNative a plus
- -WordPress theme and plugin development a plus
- Strong understanding of product & software process/lifecycle
- Patience for startup lifestyle
- Great communication skills. Ability to effectively advocate for the user, stakeholders, and the vision. Handle conflict and contention with grace, clarity, and strength.
- Passion for women’s healthcare/wellbeing and Equilibria’s mission
- Positive attitude, even with deadlines looming
Equilibria strives for a diverse workplace. Candidates are evaluated without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.