Lead Software Engineer
Job Title: Lead Software Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Build well designed, well-engineered, stable, scalable products across a variety of markets. Architect and develop highly scalable API’s using REST principles. Enforce good Agile practices (using JIRA) including test-driven development and continuous integration. Apply DevOps practices in area of continuous and automated deployment. Analyze and remediate production issues and build instrumentation and operational readiness into the systems architecture. Solve investors’ problems with technology, understanding market chaos at work and crafting technically appropriate interactive experiences to communicate effectively with individual investors. Be passionate about quality, process, programming, and investing in general, seeing opportunities for improvement, seizing them, and then sharing your findings with others. Take ownership of the success of the team with a “get things done” attitude. Possess the ability to understand and leverage new technologies, potentially wearing many hats including business analyst, OBA, QA, and project manager. Help to shape product vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5 years of leading software application development experience.
- 5 years of experience scaling web-based software applications and services to 100M monthly requests.
- 5 years of experience in the financial industry or a highly regulated domain with SOC2 compliant systems and processes.
- 5 years of experience in object-oriented programming, design and analysis using common design patterns.
- 5 years of experience in building highly scalable systems and solving concurrency and multi-threading programs.
- 5 years of experience with unit testing and integration testing.
- 5 years of experience with database design and development.
- 5 years of experience in automating unit and integration testing across all layers of the development track.
- 5 years of experience protecting web applications from common security vulnerabilities.
- 4 years of experience in writing and maintaining stored procedures, PL/SQL scripting.
- 3 years of experience with frontend development and frameworks such as Backbone.js or Angular.js.
- 3 years of experience using agile methodology and JIRA tools.
- 2 years of experience in high availability (HA) solutions and disaster recovery (DR) setup and testing.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.