Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer
Engineering & Tech Operations | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
The Lead Software Engineer will execute on all aspects of the software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of the Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) application. Additionally, the Lead Software Engineer will address issues relating to performance and scalability. You will primarily leverage the Microsoft technology stack however we also embrace open source technologies such as Redis, Cassandra and Elasticsearch. You enjoy fast-paced entrepreneurial environments where you can solve difficult problems using current technologies and tools. You collaborate well with other team members when brainstorming, designing, and implementing new solutions. You will also help the team succeed by thinking about ways to improve processes, suggesting ways to make the team more effective, and mentoring and modeling engineering best practices.
This position is an Individual Contributor reporting to the Manager, Software Engineering.
- Write high quality code in C# .Net and other object-oriented languages that is easy to maintain and test
- Participate in an Agile environment using Scrum software development practices, Automated unit testing, Continuous integration, Code reviews, Version control systems, Automated build processes
- Raise issues proactively that might impact delivery commitments
- Fix production issues and maintain the code as needed
- Address system issues as they related to performance, scalability, and reliability
- Provides direction and supervision across multiple teams to influence architectural decisions, technology selection, create scalable and sustainable solutions, and mitigate risk in the production systems
- BS degree in CS or EE or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years professional experience developing software solutions using object-oriented methodologies and design patterns in a .NET/C# environment
- Passion for new technologies
- Care deeply about writing high-performance, reusable code for components that will be used across our product
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.