Lead Software Engineer at Beyond Finance
About Beyond Finance
Beyond Finance is an exciting next generation Financial Services company headquartered in Houston TX with offices in Chicago IL and Beverly MA. We provide financial products that are simple and transparent that aim to improve people’s lives. As the consumer debt market continues to grow in the United States; we made it our objective to create a transparent and fair debt management services that are customized to the consumers’ individual circumstances.
Our Leadership team is comprised of individuals who have extensive experience and expertise in the financial services and debt management spheres. We are reinventing the market by investing in innovative technologies to better identify and target the market segment. At the same time, extensive market research also enables us to customize our products to better service our clients. Our workforce is a community made up of celebrated, diverse backgrounds working towards the common objective of developing something transformational for the debt settlement industry.
About the Role
Beyond Finance is looking for senior and mid-level full stack application developers to help us create AWS-hosted web apps, microservices, and back end integrations for use by our internal business teams.
What You’ll Do
- Function as the “Dev Lead” on a Scrum team releasing to production twice a month.
- Manage code quality – e.g., review and approve pull requests
- Continually enhance our CI/CD pipelines – infrastructure as code, test automation, etc
- Provide support for deploying / testing production releases and resolving production incidents.
- Work with other dev teams to maintain standards and best practices.
- Work closely with adjacent teams: product, technical support, internal stakeholders
What We Look For
- 10+ years’ experience in full stack web application development
- 5+ years supervising or mentoring entry and mid-level developers.
- Business acumen – effectively understanding, prioritizing, and communicating business needs
- Expertise in
- AWS: Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, RDS, CodePipeline, Elastic Cache, etc.
- Microservice architectures and patterns
- Creating and consuming RESTful APIs / OpenAPI, Swagger
- oAuth2 / OpenID
- PostgreSQL or similar
- Implementing standard Git workflows
- Scrum or comparable Agile operating model
- Test automation (UI and API level)