Looker Developer (Returnly) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
As a Looker Developer, you will build data-driven products and services, such as client-facing analytics insights and personalized experiences. You will design, implement and maintain Looker models, reports and dashboards. This is a cross-functional role in which you will work closely with engineers, analysts and product managers.
What you'll do
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to identify the best technical solution for a given scenario in Looker
- Translate business requirements to actionable Looker development tasks
- Design and develop LookML models, Explores, dashboards and reports in Looker
- Utilize established processes and best practices in designing and implementing solutions
- Help create and maintain coding standards and style guides for LookML development; perform code reviews
- Write SQL, build derived aggregation tables, and work with Analytics Engineering to ensure queries are performant and maintainable
What we look for
- 2+ years of Looker experience
- Familiarity with LookML and Looker visualizations
- Fluent in SQL, experience with relational and dimensional data modeling a plus. proficiency with Kimball design principles a big plus
- Strong communication skills, confidently representing your expertise to peers and stakeholders across the organization
- Self-motivated, working independently, intrinsic learner
- Command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Looker LookML Developer certification a big plus
Location - Remote Spain
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.