Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective through the use of digital instructional resources. Partnering with more than 400 publishers and 1,900 campuses nationwide, we provide leading-edge digital course materials and an end-to-end Content Delivery System for effortlessly distributing those materials.
We are looking for a Manager of Software Development, eCommerce who is excited about leading, inspiring, and mentoring an engineering team. The technical and cross-functional problems in this role are equally as important, meaning this manager will need to develop partnerships with other teams to establish empathy and understand their use cases.
- 2+ years of engineering management experience. You should be able to describe why these teams were high functioning and what you specifically did to ensure engineers felt productive
- Partner with Team Leads, Technical Architects, and DevOps within RedShelf to ensure architecture decisions adhere to our best practices
- Love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between objective feedback and career growth.
- Work with Agile metrics to understand the current velocity of the team and help the team be as efficient as possible, without risking quality
- Communicate well - verbally and nonverbally. You’re adept at understanding complex technical concepts and helping teams make decisions to move forward as well as communicating those decisions up
- You should have experience with at least one eCommerce solution
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Experience with more than one ecommerce solution, including an understanding of headless commerce architecture
- Experience with GraphQL in a microservices environment
- Experience with Django and DRF
- Experience with web analytics tools including Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Search Console
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply