Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to manage and guide a team of ambitious, talented engineers as we design and develop a platform for fast, performant multi platform products.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team focused on our multi platform product efforts, providing technical leadership for the team, while having a detailed understanding of our business, company goals, roadmap and resource plans.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams that we depend on, and the teams that depend on us.
- Coach and mentor employees to increase their impact through regular performance development and feedback conversations.
- Build processes and systems that support team growth and efficiency.
- Foster a respectful and supportive environment that embraces the diversity of the team.
What We Look For
- 4-6+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and 2+ years as an engineering manager.
- You know the ins and outs of multiplatform solutions and strategies, from server-driven UI to React Native to Web, and you are opinionated about when the right time is to apply each.
- Expert at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- Humble and authentic leadership which places the needs of others first and helps people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand opportunities to learn and grow. Ambiguity is where you thrive.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.