Manager of Software Engineering (Remote) at XSELL Technologies
Manager of Software Engineering
Overview of the Role
As a member of our XSELL Engineering team, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. We’re currently seeking a Manager of Software Engineering to be a key member of our development team.
We’re looking for someone with leadership experience who’s excited about managing a transformative Engineering team. The team will be designing, implementing, and deploying microservice and machine learning applications in a hybrid cloud environment.
In this role, you will be working closely with management and technical leaders to execute and deliver the IT roadmap requirements related to delivering new and existing services on XSELL’s platform. This role will work within the Agile framework of continuous delivery. A successful team member will not only possess the advanced technical skills required to bring innovative solutions to complex problems, they will also use their passion to work collaboratively and participate in managing and nurturing the growth of fellow developers.
Ways You’ll Contribute
- Manage engineers in the design and implementation of full stack applications/services running in AWS and Azure.
- Work closely with product managers and data scientists to assess needs and allocation within the team.
- Perform 1 on 1 meetings with each member of the team and build cohesive collaboration within the team and across all business units involved.
- Manage day to day team deliverables, assist in troubleshooting, and design reviews.
- Create measurable performance metrics and standards for team adherence.
- Develop and mentor software engineers to develop quality code and build fault-tolerant, scalable, secure solutions.
- Adhere to software development best practices and processes to ensure the delivery of scalable and high-quality solutions.
- Supervise resource allocation to assure attainment of business goals and personnel targets.
- Provide project management and technical leadership for every phase of software delivery.
- Monitor, evaluate and ensure the completion of tasks and projects.
What You’ll Bring
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related degree
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of managing software engineers
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Ability to drive and lead the development of a product or large projects, monitoring key metrics and deliverables of the team
- Manage, hire, train and evaluate team including performance reviews
- Backend: Spring Boot, Ruby on Rails, Flask
- Frontend: React/Vue.js, jQuery, Webpack
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka
- Infrastructure: AWS, Azure, Linux
- Version Control: Git, GitHub
- Deployment: Docker, Kuberenetes
XSELL is committed to a culture of teamwork; where everyone works together to plan, do, learn, and continuously improve. We accomplish that by staying true to our core value.
- Best Chapter: Every XSELLer is plugged in and focused on writing their "best chapter yet”, both personally and professionally. We believe in working hard to achieve success, but that success only comes if we are doing it together. We do this with a high level of humility, integrity and compassion towards out coworkers. We celebrate and recognize each other and have a lot of fun along the way.
- Know Us By Our Results: We do what we say and say what we do. Our coworkers and clients will “know us by our results” – we welcome that and embrace transparency and measurement.
- Do It The XSELL Way: Together we are building an inclusive culture full of top performing, talented people that are striving towards common goals with resilience. People will admire not only the work we do but also that we “do it the XSELL way” – as one team. We do this through strong communication, collaboration and accountability to each other.
- Open for Business: We are always “open for business” – fiercely committed to improving ourselves, our team and our company. We stay curious and approach every situation as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Conversations Happen In the Room: Feedback is imperative to our collective success. We approach the “conversation in the room” with respect, empathy and candor. Our dialogue with each other is always open and honest.
XSELL Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.