Manager, Software Engineering at OneMain Financial
OneMain is the largest non-bank lender in the United States.
One of our critical and highly visible initiatives is building and scaling industry-leading lending digital applications and experiences for our customers. A key component of this initiative will be enhancing servicing functionality for our digital lending platforms. The Software Engineering Manager will drive and enhance servicing functionality and features for our platforms.
We’re seeking a leader who build and oversee the performance of an engineering team, building, optimizing, managing, motivating, and contributing to a culture of success.
You’ll guide the success of our talented engineering teams, ensuring we seamlessly integrate Marketing Technology to inform decisions and ensure we form and nurture effective relationships with our customers. The ideal candidate will have the ability to interface with leaders and manage up and down to help balance a desire for perfectionism with the need for pragmatism.
What we will want you to do:
- Consult on the effective implementation of servicing features and functionality across digital platforms
- Build, optimize and oversee an Agile development team and process
- Break down projects into reasonable MVPs
- Interface directly with company and technology leaders to ensure your teams’ activities align with overall product and company goals
- Oversee maintenance and implementation of sustainable platforms while also shipping features and integrations at a steady clip
- Ensure our production applications are stable and operating as expected
- Guide team leads along their career paths and provide feedback; oversee cadence of meetings, code reviews and project management
- Identify and address bottlenecks early
- Contribute to our strategic technology planning
- Assist with flushing out, prioritizing, and driving our product roadmap
Skills or Experience we want you to have:
- At least 3 years of Ruby experience
- At least 5 years of leading and managing engineering teams in an Agile environment
- Ability to interface with and influence leaders across an organization with poise
- Competency to foster and build a culture of success, accountability and teamwork
- Experience in guiding development, scaling and integration of complex systems with robust metrics and alerts
- Overseeing build and consumption of RESTful APIs
- Ability to navigate in a nimble environment and drive success in unknown territory
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That’s why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with benefits, such as:
- Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Bonus eligibility
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time
Who we are
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, proudly serving millions of customers with safe, affordable and transparent installment loans. Our customers turn to us every day—online and at 1,500 branches in 44 states—to help them take control and improve their financial lives with solutions for debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. Our talented and dedicated team members constantly look for responsible ways to serve our customers when, where and how they want. It’s all about doing the right thing—a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.