Manufacturing Test Engineering Manager at Motorola Solutions
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewOur Applied Technology organization puts some of Motorola Solutions' brightest minds on unique, highly challenging projects. Based on decades of experience with our customers, we apply leading-edge technologies to support security and safety throughout the world. We engineer our products from start to finish and manufacture them in-house. We're known for low volume and high capability with focused specialization in areas including software-defined radios, advanced antenna solutions, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cybersecurity, signals intelligence and more. We can't tell you much more about what we do, but we can tell you it's amazing.
The specific job responsibilities include:
- Leading a team that develops and executes RF and digital test solutions spanning engineering builds through low volume production
- Serving as a technical expert to team on test planning and implementation
- Evaluating deadlines, goals and develop test implementation schedules to align with product release schedules
- Engaging with engineering and product leads on validating end-to-end system architecture design
- Working closely with Design, Q&R,and Manufacturing personnel across various teams to ensure visibility into the product suite, requirements, specifications, and appropriate testing infrastructure
- Identifying technical and quality problems, determines alternatives and evaluate them to arrive at a test solution
- Standardizing and optimizing test systems to drive continuous improvement activities
- Developing and driving the manufacturing test road map for Applied Technology
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task competing priorities
- Demonstrated leadership and communications skills, both verbal and written
- BSCS or BSEE with ten or more years of experience in the design and implementation of test plans with five years of experience as a manager of a test engineering team
- RF test planning experience
- Familiar with environmental testing
- U.S. citizenship and ability to pass a Government background check is required
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.