As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll play a big part in designing the platforms, servers, and networks that make it possible for us to provide service to our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe each and every day. In this role, you’ll call on your experience designing tailored solutions to understand the requirements of a project, test the performance of the infrastructure, and verify that the requirements have been successfully met. As a team, you and your peers will be responsible for driving results, collecting and analyzing monitoring data in test and production, and managing projects to completion. And while you'll be part of a tight-knit team of engineers who share your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access to the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important technology firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (program management, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Knowledge of one specific infrastructure technology and basic programming languages or database management systems (Java, PERL, Python)
- Intermediate understanding of line of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design
- Knowledge of more than one specific infrastructure technology
- Ability to think creatively to deliver solutions through continuous improvement
- Experience designing large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience designing and developing software oriented towards IT Operations process and customer self-service automation
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate complex/routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Self-starter with the ability to understand complex problems quickly
- Experience with engineering logging and metrics solutions within a large enterprise
- Basic knowledge of network troubleshooting Ethernet and IP configuration
- Proficiency in Microsoft support tools, such as DNS, storage and networking
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficient with Windows 7, 10, 2016, 2019
- Proficient with RDP, terminal services and Citrix to create a VDI environment
- Ability to debug and analyze issues and data to find root cause
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Interpersonal skills, such as empathizing with angry users
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of patch management and software distribution
- Proficient with PC understanding to include ethernet, IP, USB and Wi-FI configuration, debugging, and remediating issues
- Track and thoroughly detail technology issues through ticketing system;
- Provide last tier support for both on site and remote office locations as needed;
- Follow up with customers to ensure their technology needs are being met and issues are resolved;
- Participate with RCA effort, improve detecting and diagnosing
- Look for automation improvements
- Manage end-user technology projects, such as migrations, deployments and introducing new technology solutions;
- Assist in the evaluation of business problems, evaluate and recommend vendor packages, and implement required software;
- Liaises with third party vendors to coordinate software and hardware repairs;
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans