Mid Level Cybersecurity Engineer, RMF at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewFrom the largest Fortune 500 companies to the smallest, most innovative start-ups, we help organizations of all sizes navigate a constantly changing security and compliance landscape. We discover – and shut down – advanced cyber attacks. We keep watch over networks 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 365 days a year. And we help commercial organizations efficiently adapt to demanding security compliance requirements.
Looking for a dynamic professional with 8+ years of hands-on cybersecurity compliance experience in performing and/or participating in DoD system Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, assess, and analyze cyber security documentation for client information systems in accordance with FISMA, NIST RMF for Federal Civilian Agencies, RMF for DoD IT, FedRAMP, and departmental standards.
- Perform system/network vulnerability scanning and analysis using both automated tools and manual techniques.
- Assist or lead technical assessments using standard industry tools such as Nessus, ACAS (for DoD), and others.
- Identify and apply vulnerability remediations, fix procedures, and when necessary mitigation techniques.
- Identify and mitigate cyber security risks through formal assessment activities.
- Lead development of detailed reports based on testing and data analysis.
- Participate and lead compliance related discussions (this includes in-depth understanding of applicable compliance frameworks, architectures, and security control requirements (technical and non-technical)
- Work directly with customers to resolve cybersecurity issues and concerns as well as to explain how compliance with various standards and frameworks are achieved.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities required to deliver a project on time and within budget.
- Attend, participate, and lead regular project meetings; communicate and distill information from technical resources during formal and informal meetings
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in performing and/or participating in FISMA based security Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities.
- Working-level knowledge of FISMA, NIST/DoD RMF, and NIST SP 800-series publications.
- Must be sufficiently familiar with typical Federal A&A documentation (e.g., System Security Plans (SSPs), System Assessment Plans (SAPs), System Assessment Reports (SARs), Plan of Actions and Milestones (POAMs), and more) in order to contribute to authorship and/or solely author such documents.
- Experience using testing tools such as Nessus/ACAS, SCC, DISA STIGs / STIG Viewer, Wire Shark, Flying Squirrel, etc.
- Exposure to Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and related terminology as it relates to Information Security/Information Assurance.
- Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner or as part of a client delivery team.
- Able to write about and discuss technical security issues in a clear, concise manner.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and attention to detail skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, remote environment.
- Able to travel at least 25% as required for various client engagements.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- The following certifications (one or more is required): CISM, CISSP, or GSLC
- The following certifications (one or more is preferred): Lunarline, Inc. School of Cybersecurity “Certified Expert” certifications.
5+ years of experience in performing and/or participating in FISMA based security Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.