Mid-Level Software Engineer - Backend Developer (Remote)
Who We Are
Visibly is a Chicago-based healthcare technology company founded in 2012, building digital vision care solutions that enable patient choice and provider capacity. Online vision testing is just the start; Visibly envisions a world where technology enables patients and doctors to connect easily and make other aspects of vision care more convenient and accessible to everyone.
We launched the first online refractive eye test that delivers a physician-issued prescription for glasses or contact lenses and we are the first FDA-cleared online visual acuity test on the US market.
At Visibly, Backend Developers architect, prototype, build, test, and deploy new features and functionality for our online eye tests and vision care platform. You will implement new eye tests, interfaces, APIs, and infrastructure, and be expected to implement code, source control, and documentation standards as required by health care industry law. Also, you'll contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Product and management teams.
What You'll Need
- 2+ years of experience is preferred, but the exact number of years doesn't matter.
- In-depth knowledge of Ruby, experience using Ruby on Rails or equivalent to develop web applications, and unit testing using RSpec or similar.
- You have a passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you.
- Start-up/entrepreneurial experience.
Bonus If You Have It
- Experience with React, Node.js or WebSockets.
- Experience with Docker and containerized workflows.
- Competitive compensation.
- Health insurance, medical and dental.
- Subsidized lunches.
- Free eye prescriptions from the Visibly system.
- Flexible vacation.
- Work from home policy.
Please note: Visibly is unable to provide sponsorship or transfer any kind of Visa at this time.*
Salary Range: $100,000 - $140,000 Annual.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.