Mid/Senior Ruby Backend Developer at MortgageHippo
We have built a low-code / no-code platform for online lending that is powering lending applications for 200+ financial institutions. We are growing quickly and our amazing engineering team needs help driving our product roadmap forward. Building an extensible platform like this means a lot of meta-programming which ruby is great at. We're looking for someone to help implement our core low-code automation language and develop other flexible features to help make the lending process as smooth as possible. Contact us for an interview - we are a really fun, friendly and flexible place to work.
Right now this job is remote like most things during the pandemic, but we do hope to get back in person to our office in the west loop at some point in the future. Fully remote candidates will be considered.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Solid computer science or similar educational background
- At least 3 years of professional software development experience
- Experience with building a customizable and extendable platform architecture a plus.
- Experience with the Fintech/Mortgage Industry in a technical role a plus.
- Some experience with frontend application development using React.js a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience with designing, implementing, and testing back-end integrations (REST and/or SOAP).
- Energetic, confident and motivated with the ability to think on your feet.
- Experience in start-ups and/or on a mission to dump the suit and 10-meetings-per-day culture to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done!
MortgageHippo is bringing mortgage lending into modern times, where we make processes seamless and intuitive and leverage data instead of paper to maximize efficiency. We offer mortgage lenders consumer-centric, cloud-based platforms that provide a seamless and compelling digital mortgage experience.
We work in small, fast-paced, cross-functional agile teams where Engineering partners closely with Product to deliver optimal solutions to our clients and their customers. UX is at the core of our value proposition, not an afterthought. Our tech stack is React, Rails, NodeJS, and PostgresSQL delivered via Microservices at an AWS infrastructure.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
- You will work with smart and creative people who are passionate about solving tough problems.
- We give you opportunities in line with your talents and aspirations. We value your passions and interests.
- We encourage some amount of full-stack development for all team members, which means learning something new every day.
- We believe in the power of shared outcomes. Talk to us about compensation including competitive salary and stock options.
- We offer a flexible schedule and vacation policy.