At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
The cloud-managed sensors team is a growing, fast paced team building Meraki's latest product line of environmental sensors with a unique, secure architecture. We are redefining a product where innovation is crucial to success. The Meraki MT environmental sensors system is powerful, secure, and does not rely on any on-premise servers, making it fast and easy to deploy one to hundreds of sensors per site.
As a Mobile Engineer at Meraki, you will help build features for Meraki’s mobile app, a companion to Meraki’s dashboard. The Meraki dashboard is a simple but powerful application in an industry where command line interfaces are the norm. Dashboard provides visualizations that allow our customers to manage and deploy their networks, cameras and sensors easily, rapidly identify and resolve issues, and grow their lean IT networks to large deployments because all the configuration lives within the cloud. The mobile app augments this experience for users who are away from their desks.
You will be building out mobile features for analyzing data from sensors, creative and intuitive interfaces for sensor onboarding and configuration, and intelligently notifying users of events. You will be using React Native for development, which will allow for quick deployment to both iOS and Android.
EXAMPLE PROJECTS OF A MOBILE SENSOR ENGINEER:
- Thoughtfully craft a fluid and intuitive interface designed to monitor events from sensors and present cohesive analytics
- Collaborate with UX designers and analyze user feedback to identify frictional workflows, then build tools to streamline those processes
- Enable quick onboarding and field deployment of IoT devices
- Work with mobile developers at Meraki on our frameworks and refine our app infrastructure to augment efficiency
YOU ARE IDEAL FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU HAVE:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 2+ years of frontend development experience
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Experience building connected mobile apps
- Experience prototyping, shipping, and iterating on new and sophisticated features and experiences
- The ability to influence, facilitate discussion, and work in partnership with other teams
- Strategic and product oriented approach with a desire to understand users
- Aren’t afraid of rolling your sleeves up and working in all layers of the stack
- You thrive within a small team and are excited to seek solutions to open-ended problems
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- You have previously worked with Ruby on Rails and React or similar full-stack technologies
- Prior experience with IoT, BLE/WiFi pairing
- Experience in mobile app development with two or more of the following (React Native, native Android, native iOS)
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.