CoinFlip is a leading financial services platform focused on the digital economy. Headquartered in Chicago, CoinFlip operates the world’s largest network of cryptocurrency ATMs by volume and an over-the-counter trading desk, giving the world quick, easy, and secure access to the benefits of cryptocurrency.
CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list, making it the top-ranked cryptocurrency company in the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s and was awarded the 2021 Silver Stevie ® Award for Customer Service.
With a 5-year growth rate of 1,715,091.9%, the company is looking to quickly expand its current headcount across all departments. It’s an exciting time to join CoinFlip as it plans to add additional business lines, expand internationally, and cement itself as a leading fintech company.
We’re seeking a Mobile Software Engineer - Android responsible for applying your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your colleagues on a daily basis to stay focused on next generation user experiences in mobile. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment building world-class experiences for our global customers. As a member of our Mobile Software Engineers, we look first and foremost for people with a deep passion for code simplicity. Engineers with an attraction to building and solving problems in the financial industry through a strong balance of innovation and best practices.
- Build in an agile team setting.
- Code and test new mobile features in Android Studio or IntelliJ Idea with Kotlin 1.5.
- Implement new mobile technologies and protocols.
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding Google Android apps.
- Work closely with your iOS colleagues to constantly innovate user experiences.
- BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering. MS is a plus.2+ years professional experience with Kotlin.
- Web applications and Java experience. Some swift familiarity a plus.
- Proven ability to write programmatic UI.
- Technical writing skill in generating documentation based on deeper understandings of core technology stacks.
- Experience creating and testing databases; Firebase, MySQL and/or SQLite. Experience with RESTful APIs.
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. By applying to this role, you give express consent that CoinFlip may send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role, your application, and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying "STOP" to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply "HELP" to the text message you received. Message and data rates apply. If you require an accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.